Friday, January 28, 2011

Otherwise known as Tattoo season

To most of you the dreaded tax season is here -insert ghosty voice- Ooooooo. For Eric and I its tattoo season. Last year I started one of the attoos I'd wanted for a long time. I searched around the net for ideas, printed them and this is what came out...


The Rowan tree, that IS a rowan tree is a Highland symbol for protection and will be in greyscale except for the leaves with will be red and orange. I'm a fall baby. ^_^ The fox is my spirit animal and she will be white and silver. I've been playing with the idea of having her potentially morph down my leg. So she will show the stages of my life. The empty spaces that you see will resemble something like this...


via
Pocahontas is one of my favorite movies. I saw it on my fifth birthday with my grandarents the one time they came to visit. And just above the tree is a little butt-less firefly that looks pretty much like this one...



I'm pretty excited to put a butt on him finally. I LOVE fireflies, the represent a part of my childhood. A part that I loved. Someday there will be more than one. and maybe this year I'll add a few kodamas. They are the little tree spirits in the picture...


via
via
Arn't they just the cutest? Anyway its bedtime the sleep aid and midol are kicking in. Nighty night bloggy friends.




xo.
Holly

3 comments:

University of Iowa Meg said...

Hey Holly! Cute tattoos! I blogged about our swap in my most recent post- check it out when you get a chance! Lovin' your blog! :)

Jen said...

Ooooo love it!!! I am itching for a new tattoo!

Unknown said...

I always think its awesome to hear the stories and thoughts behind people's tats. Love them!