Friday, November 8, 2013

AVENTURES WITH AEDIN pt. 2




Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they're falling like
they're falling in love with the ground.
― Andrea Gibson
I have a traveling cat. Its weird. I know. He loves car rides and walkies on his leash, not to mention bike rides in his basket. Its something I try to do with him at least once a week if I can. Usually it's just a trip to PetSmart. Sometimes we go for walks in the park or a quick ride around the block. It's gotten a bit brisk though for most of that. But today we braved the chill and made the trek to Napperville. The day dawned with sun, but quickly migrated to chilly winds and overcast. We bundled up though. I took him to Two Bostons pet boutique for the first time. He loved it. The stairs, the smells, the sweet watering fountain. We picked up two new treats. Little fishies from Yeooww cat nip. In true Aedin fashion he loved the bag way more.
We had a bit of fun trooping around the little downtown area. BK Jewelers welcomed us in out of the cold for a chat and Aedin met her little pom Molly. We stopped in a couple other pet friendly stores, and I mad a dash into Starbucks for a pick me up. I have to thank the gentleman that didn't make me leave Aedin outside. Although I did step out while they made my order. They weren't too pleased but they at least make me my salted caramel hot cocoa. Mmmmm. Heaven.  
We meandered down to the riverwalk, which was bare of people. He walked calmly along the rail.
till he saw them.
Them. The kyakers.
I laughed, but he flattened and stared.
He was NOT happy and could not figure out what the weird flightless birds were on the river. It seemed to signal the end of our day, we walked back to the car after that.

It was the perfect day off with my little man. I didn't get the laundry done, or the dishes. But we had fun and enjoyed our time together. His life will be all to short. I want every moment to matter. As I type this he's sleeping in the empty serving tray on my desk.
That I keep empty. Just for him.

 

No comments: