Last week Eric and I had a moderately crappy week, so Tuesday I decided to make cookies.
Chocolate ones, so I wouldn't be tempted, and to get the baking bug out of my system.
When he got home he had warm gooey just out of the ovan cookies waiting for him.
Anyway, I'm so awesome and the batch is so fricken huge he took them to work the next day for the dudes on his shift.
The recipe is from Cookies and Cups. She obviously took extra time and care to both bake DURING THE DAYLIGHT and to take photos. I only managed to barely snap a few before they were eaten.
The weird shadows are because my kitchen is lime green. Uhg, never paint your kitchen that color. Your food will always look weird. Also, make sure you read the part about how you need to chill do dough. DON'T SKIP THAT PART. Doooooo it! Seriously.
Nutella Filled Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella
- *optional flaked sea salt for garnish
How to Make
- In bowl off stand mixer cream butter and both sugars for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until evenly incorporated.
- Melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler.
- Mix in melted chocolate into the butter mixture and evenly combine.
- With mixer on low add in the dry ingredients and blend until dough forms.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a zip-top or piping bag with Nutella and pipe teaspoon sized amounts onto parchment paper, similar to a Hershey Kiss. You will need 48 dollops of Nutella. Place baking sheet in freezer for at least an hour.
- When dough and Nutella are chilled preheat oven to 375°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form cookie dough around each Nutella piece using about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While cookies are baking place Nutella back in freezer, as it will thaw out quickly.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
I also made these cookies a second time friday for the potluck at work, only because I was pressed for time instead of nutella filling I just mixed a bag of PB chips in with the chocolate chunks. They were also a hit.